Monday, January 29, 2018

Book Review: SILVER STORM by Cynthia Wright


Silver Storm (Raveneau, #1)


Title: Silver Storm
Author: Cynthia Wright
Category/genre: Adult Historical Romance
My Star Rating: 3/5

Goodreads Blurb:

Set in 1781, during the Revolutionary War, SILVER STORM is the passionate tale of Andre Raveneau and Devon Lindsay who are thrown together when she stows away on his privateer after the British burn her home in New London, CT. The irresistible Captain Raveneau agrees to take her to Virginia to find her childhood sweetheart, but fate has other plans. Through intrigue, misunderstandings, and swashbuckling sea battles, Devon and Andre are swept away by a love that won’t be denied.

My Review:

I had a difficult time rating this one.  I enjoyed the story - it held my interest from start to finish.  There were plenty of swoon-worthy moments and it was full of fireworks and sex appeal.  The ending was satisfying and sweet, bringing everything full-circle. 
The problem for me had to do with the characters. I found Devon to be childish and out of control, and Ravaneau to be a narcissistic creep who frankly I just despised.  Separate from another, this would've gotten one star.  Together, oddly enough, they worked well.  They clashed so hard it's almost as if they melded together.  I don't know.  I'm still not sure if I loved it or hated it, we're going to go right in the middle and say "meh, I liked it."

No comments:

Post a Comment